Well I'll be...

Shawn

Market
Reaction score
I bought a purple tang from @civics14 a week and a half ago. Today he moved into the new tank with the large yellow tang. AND. They're getting along swimmingly. This is just 30 minutes in, but I timed this so that both were getting in the new tank at the same time. The little guy won't leave the yellow tang's side. I'm super pleased...so far :p

I bought a purple tang from @civics14 a week and a half ago. Today he moved into the new tank with the large yellow tang. AND. They're getting along swimmingly. This is just 30 minutes in, but I timed this so that both were getting in the new tank at the same time. The little guy won't leave the yellow tang's side. I'm super pleased...so far :p
That is good to hear. I felt bad for him getting beat up. I’m so glad they are getting along.

my purple tried to kill both my yellow tangs, a brown, and sail fin today.... the purple has been in the new tank for about a month now with a blue hippo.... took the purple out and now the brown is chasing both my yellows.... i have a headache now lol....

They're so cute:eek: How big will they get and will they get more aggressive as they grow?
They'll get to be about 8". I don't know about the aggression. I'm assuming it's because I put them in together in a new tank. But they're still doing well. I'm a happy camper. Cleaning up for now before I start tweaking lights.

my purple tried to kill both my yellow tangs, a brown, and sail fin today.... the purple has been in the new tank for about a month now with a blue hippo.... took the purple out and now the brown is chasing both my yellows.... i have a headache now lol....
Haha just keep buying new tanks

They'll get to be about 8". I don't know about the aggression. I'm assuming it's because I put them in together in a new tank. But they're still doing well. I'm a happy camper. Cleaning up for now before I start tweaking lights.

You did the suggested method for introducing more than one tang to a system. Place them at the same time. Should you have one or more in the system and want to introduce a new one, it's recommended that you rearrange the rock work. It disorients the older tangs in the system and they spend their efforts on learning the new layout instead of picking on the new tang.

Back