Well....

kirru

Market
Reaction score
Well, after I had my surgery today my dad and I went to Keen Reef to get a pistol shrimp, tiger one.

Got home started acclimating him, ran to kroger for some water and came back and put him it, total time was bout an hour an half.

Well, I added the Aurora goby thursday but it is hiding behind a rock. So when I put the shrimp in, I placed it where I wanted to it to live and sure enough, it examine the rockish cave and started making a burrow. I have yet to hear to shoot its claw and I am hoping the goby comes out and finds the shrimp. Its just amazing to see the shrimp dig its hole and it will be even cooler when the goby comes out.

I'll get some pics when they pair up.

Now I have a question, Could I added another pistol to it and have two shrimp and a goby or what?

I'm also debating on what the next fish I should add. So some suggestion would be nice, I and thinking maybe a canary blenny, or a type of blenny, a wrasse, or something, so thank for your help :)

With mine, he did most of his burrowing at night. It took a couple days for them to team up but ever since, their like two peas in a pod. Lking forward to the pics.

From what I've read, unless you buy them already paired up, the shrimp may have territory issues in a small tank.

If you're looking blenny, I like the looks of the tail spot (had one, but I think my CBS ate him). I plan to get another now that the CBS is gone.

Mine started burrowing right after he decided where i put him was suitable, now just waiting for the goby.

well, yea, thats what i heard but i don't think i will get another. but i'm sure i will do something. my dad was awe struck when he saw it.

yea, i like that one but i am thinking something that i want a fish that activly swims and is fun to watch. i'll probably get the a blenny after i get an active fish....

christopherjay;285902 wrote: need some pics
hey now, i'm workin on it. lol

hopefully they found each other over night. might get some pics of the shrimp if not though.

mysterybox;285897 wrote: not sure, but I think I have 3.
ok, well that case i might try one.

Your shrimp is right where you want him to live?

That probably won't last long.

They move.

Alot.

Good thing is they always come back eventually and it's like Christmas morning:)

Haha, hope not, its a great spot and the whole is huge!

i'll get pics when lights come on in the morning.

Back