What about Puffers?

camg

Market
Reaction score
I know that some triggers are considered "some what" reef safe. But what about Puffers? What makes them not reef safe?

I would think that its because they eat snails and stuff...all the cleaners that's reefs need. that would be my guess.

some triggers(blue throat,niger,pink tail,crosshatch) are considered reef safe because they dont eat corals. To the best of my knowledge no puffers are reef safe because they will eat corals

I had a porky and he never touched the coral in almost a year.. but he did eat his share of snails and small fish.. :( I'd still have him if he would have just left the fish alone..

Mark (FlyingArmy) had one for quite a while. I don't think he had much trouble with his. It was a porcupine I think.

I had a porcupine puffer that ate an entire batch of zenia the 2nd night i had him. He went to marine fish the next day.

Some people consider a fish that eats xenia a good thing :) Like pest control.

chrisjet;190459 wrote: I had a porcupine puffer that ate an entire batch of zenia the 2nd night i had him. He went to marine fish the next day.

I used to have a toby puffer a great and beautiful fish to have.......he will eat anything....corals, and my clowns left and right fins....he got traded for some store credit.....and I have ta say...I felt really bad...due to the fact that I didnt do my research well and added to the stress in that fishes life by moving him around so much.....tsk...tsk..tsk...

jade76;190508 wrote: I used to have a toby puffer a great and beautiful fish to have.......he will eat anything....corals, and my clowns left and right fins....he got traded for some store credit.....and I have ta say...I felt really bad...due to the fact that I didnt do my research well and added to the stress in that fishes life by moving him around so much.....tsk...tsk..tsk...

This is the problem with almost all puffers they love to nip and eat so fins, corals, cleanup crew, small fish, beware! They are just eating machines!

Well I guess that a puffer is <u>definitely</u> out of the question.....

Back