What about this light?

raisingtwo2006

Market
Reaction score
<p style="text-align:left;">Saw it on Ebay.. advice.. tried to copy the link..but couldn't get it to work...

Catfish Lighting 48" Quad T-6 Light Fixture This is the new 2007 Model 48” 216 Watt T-6 Light from Catfish Lighting!! It comes with four 54 Watt two pin T-6 cool running bulbs, which are perfect for aquariums, reptile tanks, reef and coral tanks, and plant tanks. It comes with two 12K and two Blue Actinic bulbs but you can configure it to your liking. You have your choice of bulbs 12000K or Blue Actinic. It also comes with new hard plastic mounting legs which allow you to flip up the unit for easy cleaning and feeding. It has 8 Blue Moon LED’S, 2 in each sock 4 sockets. Three switches, one controls the first set of bulbs and the other controls the second set of bulbs and the third controls the Moon LED’S. Choose Bulb Type: 3-12K Bulbs & 1-Blue Actinic Bulb, 2-12-K Bulbs & 2-Blue Actinic Bulbs, 3-Blue Actinic Bulbs & 1-12K Bulb, 4-12K Bulbs, 4-Blue Actinic Bulbs & 2-Pink Bulbs

Sounds like a deal? 49.99

http://cgi.ebay.com/CORALVUE-48-T-5-COMPLETE-RETRO-KIT_W0QQitemZ7773177214QQihZ018QQcategoryZ46314QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem">http://cgi.ebay.com/CORALVUE-48-T-5-COMPLETE-RETRO-KIT_W0QQitemZ7773177214QQihZ018QQcategoryZ46314QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem</a>

or this light?

The top one is T-6 lighting which is not nearly the output of a T-5 (rare to even see a T-6 labled for use in aquariums so I would worry about replacement bulbs... For a 90 gal, I would plan on going with atleast 6 T-5s FYI...

Some HO T-6 are about the same output as HO T-5s. Actually some T-6s are in fact a longer t-5 with t-6 ends on them.

It hard to compare all t-5s to all t-6s, you have to look at the ballast, the reflectors, the brand...

Their is even a T-6 VHO which are supose to be much brighter than all Normal driven HO t-5s.

Wish i could see your first link. but your second link does not indicate to be HO lighting. I'd stick to at least HO lighting if possible.

Back