What am I missing??

chony

Market
Reaction score
Hello all,

So I'm supposed to be closing on the 15th of this month and will be transporting/upgrading my setup. I'm going from a 72 bowfront to a 93 cube and want to make sure I do everything right with this new setup. I will be running the following and looking for any advice or must-haves.

bub mag 3 part doser
reef oct NW 150
dual sump w/refugium
BRS single reactor GFO

I have some options on lighting. I currently have 2 AI blues, 1 photon 24, and 3 24in T5 fixtures that connect to cover the whole cube.

So with that, how would you arrange the lighting and is there anything else you would add?

Thanks for your help in advance

I assume you have a return pump?

I have 2 AI sols for my 90g and I plan on adding some t5s down the road if it doesn't cover the from and back enough. If I were you I'd go t5-sol-t5-sol-t5 for lighting. I assum yours are 24" bulbs?

I have the dual brs one, just concerned the active carbon will strip to much. No?

No. Ive used the dual reactor with carbon and gfo for awhile with no issues. If i had to do it again id do two singles so i could adjust the flow better in each reactor.

Carbon can release phates so best to run them in a series, carbon first, gfo second. Although I agree with wanting to be able to control flow independent.

Are you putting in a new substrate in the new tank??? Probably would be a good idea to use some Stability the first week during the tank switch...

Not familiar with stability but I am familiar with your reef ethics, so stability it is. Thank you sir.

Never thought of putting carbon in the first reactor, I will give it a try though. Thanks

Stability is a good product. I'm skeptical using a lot of additives, but I used stability and had a really smooth transition from starting a tank with livestock/live rock from another tank when my brother got out.

Stability helped me have a very smooth transition consolidating two smaller tanks into a larger one.

Back