What are dosing???

What are you dossing??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For my big system (300+g), hands down a calcium reactor, but I also add about a tablespoon per week of kalk through a kalk stirrer that is fed by my ATO, so all ATO water has kalk in it.

For my small (16g) coral QT, it's just kalk in the ATO for now, but I'll be tinkering with that once I assess the demands (which will of course change as I add and remove corals).

I quit the hobby around 2007 or so, and 2-part was not as big as it is now, so I'm just more comfortable with a calcium reactor now that I'm back in it. For a smaller tank I can see how 2-part (or 3-part) makes sense.

Oh sorry I misread your question... I don't have a preference for 2-part brand-wise since I don't use it.

I had my calcium up to about 1400ppm 2 weeks ago..lol oops . Didn't hurt anything but all my snails are super purple and coated with Coraline algee all the sudden:D
Ha had to be a purple party!!!

Seachem Fusion 1 & 2.

I used to use the powdered 'Calcium Advantage' and 'Reef Builder' but I've reached the point where my Wife has to dose for me when I'm out of town and I can get her to dose liquids easier than the powdered stuff. The Fusion can be dosed at pretty much the same time too. Use to be "Ok dear, put 2 tablespoons in this marked container, shake it and slowly add it to the tank over the course of an hour. Then put another 3 tablspoons in this other container and slowly add it to the tank over the course of 2 hours. Ok?"

Reached a point where I thought her eyes were gonna get stuck rolling around in her so much. Now it's Fusion baby!

When I was using two part i used BRS setup on a jebao doser. It was ok, but my demans grew and i got tired of filling dosing jugs. I still keep it as a back up system.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back