What are you currently dosing / adding to your tanks?

Just a word of advice on this topic. Don't dose things you cannot test for. If your dosing stuff you can test for...TEST frequently until your regiment is accurate enough to easily go 2+ weeks with no significant deviation in parameters.

When I first set up a new doser of some kind (kalk, calc Rx, 2 part, etc). I tested at least once or more per day until dosing was dead on. From there out you will likely have to steadily bump dosing up as corals grow..Especially if you have sps. My 75 sps tank went from using a gallon of each alk/calc in 3 mos to a gallon every 3 weeks.....this occurred over the course of about 2yrs of coral growth

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

SPS dominated
Daily
Calcium
Alk
Vodka

3 times a week
Acropower

Ralph ATL;1083740 wrote: SPS dominated
Daily
Calcium
Alk
Vodka

3 times a week
Acropower

I thought I remember you switching to Acropower sometime ago (or maybe that was someone else?). Anyways, how has that worked for your SPS? Do you think it help with color and growth?

All SPS now, although not a huge amount ATM. Running Kalk Rx and Cal Rx, great combo. Every now and then manually dose Mag. No additional Chems or additives. I feed either Rod's or LRS, so corals get plenty from that IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ralph ATL;1083743 wrote: I can't tell any difference...

You can't tell any difference because you were already growing great SPS or because you don't this it's doing anything to help?

DIY Fish food
calcium
alk
magnesium
and new salt water.

Thats it.

All sps tank dosing daily

Triton base elementz
Acropower
Vinegar
Larry's reef frenzy

Sps tank
I does an amino once a week and a half dose at that

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

typemismatch;1083956 wrote: Mixed tank:

Doser puts in
Ca
Mg
Phyto
Kalk (via the ATO)

So you found that the kalk doesn't do enough CA, but it does enough alk/

Bakers yeast. New tank. Bringing down the algae and diatoms. It has worked great so far.

I dose calcium and alk via dosing pump. I use seachem calcium nearly 350ml a day. I make my own alk via Randy Holmes Farley's soda ash recipe.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

mixed reef, sps, lps, clam, zoas
nothing yet. i just started my 40 breeder a few months ago. ive got some aquavirto calcification and 8.4 that i will start dosing via dosing pump in the next couple months or so when i see the need for it increase. i also have some magnesium chloride/sulphate mix from brs that ill use if needed.

Back