What are your thoughts on a bicolor angel in a reef tank

shawn_patterson

Market
Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting a bicolor angel for my reef tank, I wanted to see if anyone has had experience with them in theirs.

Dwarf angels in a reef tank will always be a coin toss. Keeping them well fed will improve your chances of your corals not becoming a snack.

Ringo®;987900 wrote: Dwarf angels in a reef tank will always be a coin toss. Keeping them well fed will improve your chances of your corals not becoming a snack.

+1. I've kept them along with other dwarfs....ie: Potter's, Coral Beauty, etc. I've never had them directly munch on corals but I do keep them fed with a variety of foods. Even so, they do nip at the rocks which doesn't bother me.

How big is the tank? I have kept a Pigmy in a 40B reef with no issues but like others have said its a coin toss that it might bother corals.

I've have one. It's in with goniopora, leathers and anemones and live rock now. I have had this fish for several years along with several other pigmy angel fish.

I did have a problem in my 600 about a year ago. I had to remove a bunch of pigmy angles after I added a African flameback who went sps hog wild. Seems like the rest copied the behavior. I saved my bicolor and flame and put them in live rock time out for months. Just moved them back with corals listed above in my 93.

My 93 with bicolor
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
988041=56520-image.jpg
>
988041=56520-image.jpg
class="gc-images" title="image.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Back