What ATO?

lsu_fishfan

Market
Reaction score
Looking for a reliable ATO that is around the $80 through $100 range. I am thinking about the Hydor Smart ATO but wanted to hear what others experience with different ATO systems are.

I purchased the tunze 3155 unit and love it. They have the smaller unit that runs around $100.

jpines;969215 wrote: I purchased the tunze 3155 unit and love it. They have the smaller unit that runs around $100.

+1

Tunze Osmolator Universal 3155

It is $200 but your getting the best on the market. It is more than just an ATO. Included is 2 x protection/alarm for water level being higher than desired and the pump is protected to shut off so it don't burn out if run dry.
10 minutes to install and you never have to worry about it again!
Watch the FS section and buy used for $100!

LSU_fishFan;969137 wrote: Looking for a reliable ATO that is around the $80 through $100 range. I am thinking about the Hydor Smart ATO but wanted to hear what others experience with different ATO systems are.

I just installed the Hydor Smart ATO last week. So far I'm happy with it. They key to it is to size the ATO pump properly. It needs the pump to run for at least 25 sec's to no more than 10 minutes. I use a TOM's aqua lifter and it's worked well. If it has to run for more than 10 minutes it will shut down the pump. No moving parts for the sensor is nice. The sensor mounts with a combined suction cup and magnet.

Im loving my jbj.
Only downside I see thus far is refilling my reserve every 3 days.
I keep only enough water in reserve to prevent a major salinity swing if it fails and prevent flooding.
I spent $40 on it new from a member.

franciscosalazar;969252 wrote: Im loving my jbj.
Only downside I see thus far is refilling my reserve every 3 days.
I keep only enough water in reserve to prevent a major salinity swing if it fails and prevent flooding.
I spent $40 on it new from a member.

jbj would always pop on and flood my sump and it wasent a siphon maybe i had a defective one?

man, not sure of the price, but my Tunze Osmolator has been flawless for a LONG time. HIGHLY recommended.

B

Camellia;969235 wrote: +1

Tunze Osmolator Universal 3155

It is $200 but your getting the best on the market. It is more than just an ATO. Included is 2 x protection/alarm for water level being higher than desired and the pump is protected to shut off so it don't burn out if run dry.
10 minutes to install and you never have to worry about it again!
Watch the FS section and buy used for $100!

+1 by far the absolute best ATO IMO

Tunze. I have the standard one and the nano version.
Really can't beat em, never had any issues at all. Have a float switch in the bottom of my bucket to send me a text when the reservoir is getting low.

^^^ I also have a few. I have 1 nano and 2 full. Work flawless for me.

I'm borrowing one from a fellow member. I believe he got it off of autotopoff.com and it works well.
Tunze definelty makes nice ATO if you have the money.

I was very skeptical about the hydor smart level at first but the price point and simple design was a plus for me. I like it better than my jbj. I love the fact that it's got no moving parts. I'm also using a aqua lifter on mine and I've had mine for 2 months and have not had to mess with it since. As long as your pump is properly sized for the top off it will work just fine

Back