What calcium media do you use?

ptreef

Market
Reaction score
Looking for suggestions for media for my new calcium reactor. Im hoping to set it up soon. I will be using the reef octopus CR5000D reactor, kamoer fx-stp pump, and Milwaukee ph controller

I'm using the original reborn since I seem to have acquired a lifetime supply of the stuff otherwise I would probably also use the ARM coarse media.

Not nit picking, but can you explain why or how you have come to this conclusion?
Just out of curiosity..
If you been using a calcium reactor the past 5+ years, you would have experienced there was a long gap (2+ years) where Reborn was unavailable. Then when they returned, their quality went down hill (shells, rocks, etc were consistently found in their new mix)

While on the other hand, ARM, has always been available, cheap, and quality is consistent.

Hope that answers your question.

Check out the brs videos ln youtube. They breakdown all the popular media.

Sent from my LM-K500 using Tapatalk

They seem pretty recent. They are with that young guy.. The one that kinda bothers me a little.

Could be from the land before time, though. I didnt date check it

Sent from my LM-K500 using Tapatalk

Reborn melts at a higher pH than ARM if that is something that is important to you.

They also posted a video discussing different amounts of phosphate being released by each media

Back