what clowns host anem easier

victor626nj

Market
Reaction score
i know that you can get a clown from the wild to host a anemone alot easier but what species would you guys think hosts it more common and i am thinking more around the lines of a bta because that is what im going to be putting in my tank thanks for your input victor

also just a quick question that does not require a new thread. sorry if i am hijacking

what clowns can hose a pink tip hatian anenome.

My GSM clowns hosted immediatly...my occelaris cant seem to figure it out. With my experience the GSM was great.

If you want as close to a guarantee as you can get with hosting, put the anemone that you want with clowns that naturally host that species, or if you prefer to choose the clowns first, then pick the anemone that they host naturally.

the only problem with the second choice is that some clowns host very rare, expensive and hard to keep anemones like the heteractis magnifica. A Ocellaris hosts that, as do perculas, but they are nearly impossible to keep alive in a tank.

The BTA (e. quadricolor) is a good choice, and naturally hosts the following clown species:
A. akindynos
A. allardi
A. bicinctus
A. chrysopterus
A. clarkii
A. ephippium
A. frenatus
A. mccullochi
A. melanopus
A. omanensis (if you find this one for sale, you are the luckiest person in the world)
A. rubrocinctus
A. tricinctus
P. biaculeatus

------------------------
Wilkerson, Joyce. <u>Clownfishes.</u> New Jersey:TFH Publications, 1998.

I had my Long tentacle anemone, and my false percs in the same tank for about a year and a half, and they just wouldn't host. I bought one of the clownfish shaped veggie clips from petsmart, and taped it to the outside of the tank where the anemone was. I guess my clowns thought some new fish was moving in on their territory and went to investigate. Within 15 mins., they were buried deep in the anemone, and started hosting.

Now if I just could get them to lay eggs.

Victor,
I have a tomato that hosts. I'm thinking to part with him when I consolidate my tanks. He's hosted in both an LTA and a BTA. I was almost instant with the LTA, took a few hours with the BTA.

Back