What Coral Dip do You Use?

YoungReefer10g

Market
Reaction score
I'm getting some coral dip and I'm interested to see what everyone uses and what their opinion of the coral dip is.

I use SeaChem Reef Dip for the most part. I've had good luck with it.

Bayer and Two Little Fishes "Revive"

I've got some PolypLabs reef "Primer" that I'm going to try out someday. Typically thought, I just dip in Revive.

(Edited to correct the name of the TLF dip. It's Revive (not Thrive))

Last edited:
Primary dips are Coral RX or Bayer Advanced Complete Insect Killer. Without the correct safety gear I wouldn't recommend Bayer though. You don't want to get any of that on you at all.
Secondary dip is Two Little Fishies ReVive Coral Cleaner. I have some Brightwell Recover for cleaning but I haven't had a chance to use it yet.

After that I feed the qt tank Brightwell Restor & CoralAmino a couple time a week.

Then there's the whole treating if something appears.

**Edited to add links**

Coral Rex for dipping new corals however from time to time I use an iodine dip.

It really depends on what coral I'm dipping.

If its an acro I use: https://www.uwcmn.com/expel-coral-cleanse. It's the only one I've found that will absolutely kill black bugs.

If its a monti, I use a heavy FWE bath and still QT.

If its a zoa, it goes in a strong iodine dip.

If its LPS, whatever I have on hand.

I’ve used Coral Rx for years. As well as Revive. Aside from that, you also must rely heavily on continual inspection and a close eye for detail. Many pests will not be killed by the dip, but will be weakened. During the dip is the opportunity to use a pipette to suck or blast them off the coral.

Additionally, most eggs are completely immune to dips (at least to any of the dips that you would want to use. Trust me on that.)

Back