What do you do if.....

tnyga

Market
Reaction score
....You sell your tank before your next is ready for the livestock from the ones you sold..??

I have the following in my 35 and not sure what to do...tub? air stone and rock ? How long with they last?

Goby
Pistol
various CUC
Cleaner Shrimp
Emerald
1 black Ocellaris
2 Picassos
some inexpensive corals (some from you)
Sand Sifter Star

tell the person you are selling the tank to that you need him/her to chill for a week.

Do you hae a QT tank with heater/filtration, etc.? You could consider a 10g or 20g QT as a holding tank. Has your new tank cycled? If the livestock needs to stay in holding for awhile, you'll have to do regular WC's to support the bioload.

All my stuff has been in a holding tank for a looooooooong time while I'm waiting for my 90g to get set up. Sucks to continually do the WC's, but it's the price I'm paying for being impulsive.

You could also farm out your livestock to someone you trust and ask them to hold it for you... maybe in exchange for a coral or something.

Thats what I wast thinking...told Tim Id by a bunch of rock if he could so graciously hold em :) Besides Im selling my 18 QT to Tim lol

That 35 would be perfect Linda lol Then Ill suffer for a little while rotf

tnyga;141552 wrote: That 35 would be perfect Linda lol Then Ill suffer for a little while rotf

if you want you can borrow the 55g, 2-5g tanks that are just sitting in my garage waiting for my switch.

Just sell everything and then buy it back the next week, then sell it all again, and then buy it all back again. Just kidding that would be crazy.

blind1993;141574 wrote: if you want you can borrow the 55g, 2-5g tanks that are just sitting in my garage waiting for my switch.
ty blind...I will keep that in mind...Im hoping tim will come through lol

Budsreef;141578 wrote: Just sell everything and then buy it back the next week, then sell it all again, and then buy it all back again. Just kidding that would be crazy.

Sound slike something Id do :)...Hows the tank Bud?

Tim has that new QT service, maybe he will expand that offering and include a holding service as well.

Cameron;141847 wrote: Tim has that new QT service, maybe he will expand that offering and include a holding service as well.

I told Russ I would hold them for him. I am going to be publishing the QT/Warranty info shortly and Maybe I will have a "Rent A Tank" service as well. :) Thanks for the idea Cam.

Thanks,
Tim

I can't imagine it would get used often, but it could be a real life saver when someone does use it. Broken tank, moving, etc. Very useful service I think.

Cameron;141864 wrote: I can't imagine it would get used often, but it could be a real life saver when someone does use it. Broken tank, moving, etc. Very useful service I think.

I wouldn't think it would get used often either but it is another Value Added service to my customers. :)

Sounds nice anyway, I will have to ponder it and do some research.

- Tim

Back