What do you do with old bulbs?

fishwhisperer

Lifetime
Reaction score
Title pretty much says it all. How do you all discard of your old bulbs. I have so many laying around I really need to get rid of them.
Thanks in advace.

I thought they contain mercury and should be disposed of properly. Just like paint, batteries and other hazerdous household items they should be disposed of properly and not just thrown out.

fishwhisperer wrote: I thought they contain mercury and should be disposed of properly. Just like paint, batteries and other hazerdous household items they should be disposed of properly and not just thrown out.
:yes:

PCs, VHOs and MHs all contain mercury. Just look at the bulb and if it contains mercury it will have "HG" (Periodic Table symbol for Mercury) printed on it.

Bob

So whats the ansewer? Dont regular NO flo lamps also have HG? Maybe Home Depot will dispose of them for us.

So if I have dead fish... can I also not throw them in the trash due to mercury? (sorry, possible mercury?)

i like to smash them on the ground and roll around on them.....ok well not really. I've always thrown them out along with batteries covered in paint.

Back