What do you feed your zoas with?

Leftovers from feeding the fish - so a mix of crushed new life spectrum pellets, nutramar and Larry's Reef Frenzy "nano" blend... and all of the above, erm, post-fish's use.

Zoas seem to really, really like fish waste. I could barely keep 'em alive in my tank until I added my first fish.

I feed oysters eggs, mysis shrimp, brine shrimp,reef chili, fuel,reef snow,cyclop Eewe,phyto feast,oyster feast, I do this at least 3 times weekly I mix all together.

cutman1975;966966 wrote: I feed oysters eggs, mysis shrimp, brine shrimp,reef chili, fuel,reef snow,cyclop Eewe,phyto feast,oyster feast, I do this at least 3 times weekly I mix all together.

Might have to try this mix. Ill name it cutmans reef buffet :D

If I have a zoa that isn't growing quickly I will put a play of fish food ( not sure what kind) and the zoa just closed up and eats it. And usually within that week it produces 1-2 polyps. But I do have to turn my pumps off others wise the pellet will get blown out of the zoa.

JC_k;966980 wrote: If I have a zoa that isn't growing quickly I will put a play of fish food ( not sure what kind) and the zoa just closed up and eats it. And usually within that week it produces 1-2 polyps. But I do have to turn my pumps off others wise the pellet will get blown out of the zoa.

Yea i always forgot to turn flow off... Maybe not forget but need to get my controller for powerheads hooked up lmao.

I use fauna Marin zoanthid and ricordea food. Feeds goniopora too.

Ringo®;967130 wrote: Fish poop and happy thoughts.

lmao. i went to the lfs and bought a blen of frozen foos squid, brine shrimp, few other things mixed it with reef chili they killed that stuff. My salfin tang helped them lol

Back