What do you guys think of these lights??

ericmcj31

Market
Reaction score
Was wanting to get someinput on these lights--really really reasonable when compared to something like a Current--nearly 1600 watts in all--would really light up a tank--is for my 135--didn't know if it would be overkill or not--but plan to one day expand to a bigger tank (probably about a 225 or 280--basically the biggest tank I can get that is still 72''). Mods. please delete if you I'm not sapposed to post a website's listing. Thanks in advance-
Eric

eBayISAPI.dll

my advice is not to go with ebay lights you will probably end up spending more in the long end your best bet is to go with the best you can afford there are some good name brand lights that are sutible for our hobby such as sunlight supply,current usa,corallife ,and even jbj

it looks like a decent light, i would call the guy before you order, ask what kind of bulbs come with it, the ballast looks like a magnetic ultralight M58 - i might be wrong. The main pic looks like a ballast ?? I would contact the guy and ask to see numerous pics of the fixture itself. Also contact the people on the guys feedback and email them and ask them what they think of the fixture, you could post the topic on RC to get more feedback.

Post back what you find out...I'm interested in the 48".

Drnecro--I think the brand on it says it is an ultralight--how do you like them?? And how long have you had them?? Any probs.?

I bought it from a member about 2 months ago.. Mine has huge external fans in both ends. Mine is 2x250 and 4x96 I like it just fine.... Works like a charm!

The fans are not built in mine they stick out about 2 inches and my ballast is different.. I am on my blackberry.. If you have a camera phone or one that accepts pix I can send you picks of mine..

I emailed the seller, and said it is made in USA by Catalina Aquatics;

Back