What do you use as a pad under your submersible pump?

lifestudent

Lifetime
Reaction score
What do you use for padding between your submersible pump and the glass at the bottom of your sump to absorb the vibration? My pump is not designed with any kind of feet or suction cups.

Any solution is appreciated, but I'm hoping for an inexpensive one. :D

Thanks,

I saw somebody on here recommend the rubber gripper that people use to open up jars in the kitchen. I thought that was ingenious

The mouse pad I had at work deteriorated and *shed* bits of rubber backing onto my desk, so I don't know if I'd trust one of those in saltwater.

I have a kitchen sink mat under my pump. Trimmed it to fit.

This is not mine, but similar:

Linda Lee;236524 wrote: The mouse pad I had at work deteriorated and *shed* bits of rubber backing onto my desk, so I don't know if I'd trust one of those in saltwater.

I have a kitchen sink mat under my pump. Trimmed it to fit.

This is not mine, but similar:

http://www.stacksandstacks.com/circo-sink-mat-protects-your-sink-from-scratches/580/10420/?id=175&sku=15411">http://www.stacksandstacks.com/circo-sink-mat-protects-your-sink-from-scratches/580/10420/?id=175&sku=15411</a>[/QUOTE]

My mouse pad is neoprene rubber-it's been there for a year without problems.

I have a nice padding of water. I guess I'm fortunate that my MAG doesn't make any noise. If it did, I'd most likely do what Clint said...make a silicone one. Awesome idea.

I wrapped my pump in clear vinyl tubing once and it worked well. I had a lot laying around... :)

I superglued 4 turbo snail shells to mine.... jk. :)

Try toilet washers.

dawgdude;237212 wrote: I think I am gonna cut tubing into 1/2 inch pieces and silicone that on its side to the bottom of the pump. It should be a nice cushion with no vibration. Im aiming for a silent tank this time!

That's the ticket! And you know that vinyl tubing and Aquarium safe silicone are saltwater safe.
Dave

dawgdude;237212 wrote: I think I am gonna cut tubing into 1/2 inch pieces and silicone that on its side to the bottom of the pump. It should be a nice cushion with no vibration. Im aiming for a silent tank this time!

+1 I think you've hit on the perfect least costly solution! :up:

Thanks for everyone's input! ....even the guy with the idea of "supergluing turbo snail shells"! :lol2:

Lifestudent;237253 wrote: +1 I think you've hit on the perfect least costly solution! :up:

Thanks for everyone's input! ....even the guy with the idea of "supergluing turbo snail shells"! :lol2:

I have enough problems with snails moving stuff around in my tank--I really don't need to make my pump mobile! :D

Back