what fish

gtfreak

Reaction score
I am starting a 60g reef tank and i was wondering if i could put these items in it blue and yellow hippo tang, pencill or tuxedo urchin, a sea horse or two, a dimond back goby, oh ya i forgot the demenstions are 2x2x2 with a sump with live rock thanks:D:D

The tank isn't big enough for a hippo tang and seahorses should only be housed in species specific tanks with non-stinging coral.

Please don't put tangs in a 2' tank. Is this Lax Man?

I offer a suggestion of going to wetwebmedia.com and spending a good bit of time reading about reefkeeping. It is a great resource full of valuable information.

not to hate or nothin' , but you cannot put tangs in a 2' tank; they need a min. of a 5-6' tank; the seahorses would work, but seahorses only in the tank;

No this is not lax man 10 but he lives near me and it was 2 feet by 2 feet by 2 feet and no it is not a joke

gt-don't be offended-some people (myself included) go ape $hit when you mention tangs in small tanks-b/c they just won't survive long term;

fellow arc-ers also remember that gtfreak is also a new guy here and don't come down on him so hard--heck his post count is only like 8, so unless he's just been watchin' the site, he prob. doesn't know a whole lot (like most of us when we started out)--
hell I venture to say I still know a whole lot-lol

2' cube is nice. I would start with some easy fish if this is your first tank...some clowns, gobies, etc.

Look at the Live Aquaria list for beginner fish.

http://liveaquaria.com/product/aquarium-fish-supplies.cfm?c=15+1926">http://liveaquaria.com/product/aquarium-fish-supplies.cfm?c=15+1926</a>

Each fish will have a recommended tank size.

Keep in mind that our local sponsors will have these fish or can order them for you so you don't need to order online.

Your choices of coral are pretty good! Ricordia and other mushrooms as well as xenia are good beginner corals. Kenya tree and green star polyps would also be easy to keep. They can all be pretty inexpensive, or even free. Watch the boards, and you'll see people put them up for free. Maybe you guys could all come to one meeting with your parents!

but will some seauchins dont eat coral they eat alage and also the tank i baught did not have a heater so i baught one and the tank is at 80 degrees is that to hot

Back