What frag tiles are you using?

lmm1967

Reaction score
3" or larger - what's everyone using?

I like the size and convenience of some I've purchased online - but I'd rather not buy 30 of them at $2 each if I don't have too.

I use 3" square ceramic tiles that I get from eBay. I'd post the link but they are $2 each and I don't know where to get them any cheaper. However, I do buy them 6 at a time for $11.99 if that's helpful.

Do you use tiles on bare bottom or sand bottom tanks or both?

bare bottom and generally only for chalices or acans.

Previously I had purchased from a vendor on Amazon and the 3" tiles are $2 each in a package of 10. I finally used my pea brain and searched for that vendor outside of amazon and low and behold - I can buy the same pack of 10 for $12 and if I go over $59 shipping is free.

So I have 50 of them coming for a grand total of $59.95

The vendor is Ocean Wonders in case anyone is curious

I buy fishofhex tiles online 20 for $20 for xxl circles and I think it is like $1.25 for his xxl square tiles when you buy a pack of 30. He supports veterans with PTSD and has a lot of useful info content online- I just ignore some of the more colorful language.

I buy fishofhex tiles online 20 for $20 for xxl circles and I think it is like $1.25 for his xxl square tiles when you buy a pack of 30. He supports veterans with PTSD and has a lot of useful info content online- I just ignore some of the more colorful language.
thank you - I didn't realize he sold stuff other than frags honestly (I've only watched a couple episodes) - I'll take a look

Holy Cow - that's a great idea - I actually feed our toadfish oysters occassionally

Do you just use oyster shells from dinner or do you buy just the shells?

I grabbed a small bag of them at the beach a while ago. But not objecting to a dinner- it would be cheaper than large plugs and a free meal.

@Dmitri - I have as well - you can buy them a good bit cheaper directly on their website - $11.99 for that same pack - if you spend $59 shipping is free.

I ordered yesterday and had a tracking number within 3 hours.

Brand Heath (heathens reefing) on fb makes and sells them for a very good price. I picked up (30) 3" disks and (100) 1¼" plugs for $40

Sent from my XP8800 using Tapatalk

@Dmitri - I have as well - you can buy them a good bit cheaper directly on their website - $11.99 for that same pack - if you spend $59 shipping is free.

I ordered yesterday and had a tracking number within 3 hours.
Looks like price went upto 14.99

It's been a while but I tried the 1 inch and 4 inch travertine tile squares with good luck. I would just soak them to remove the adhesive and clean with alcohol. Also there used to be a guy from Alabama that would make ceramic plates in his kiln.... is he still around?

Back