What Happen!!

chemically_balanced

Market
Reaction score
This is the same fish as my AVATAR. I noticed she was gett'n really fat about two weeks ago.

DSC02564-1.jpg
alt="" />

DSC02567.jpg
alt="" />

I think the male I have in the tank has been busy? Anyone else ever a pair of these breed before?

LDYBKR;221591 wrote: Do you dose with pods?

Nope.. I've taught both my dragnets to except Mysis. They love them. I've even see the female rip into a piece of krill like a shark, shaking her head. I think I have a video of him eatting if anyone doesn't believe it can happen.

I do have a ten gallon refugium.

I read a thread on RC in the breeding forum were someone had mandrians mate, laid eggs, hatched and raised them. Cute little suckers

So whats the update. It would be cool if she is actually pregnant. I want to find a female one for mine, but most store only stock males.

Their spawning is this "mating dance" where they both spiral up to the top of the tank and release their eggs and sperm together.

At MACNA there was a talk on how you can raise the babies on hatched sea hare eggs.

Technically speaking, thats how fat they are supposed to be. Any time you see one with out a belly or sunken in, is very bad for these fish.

Right before many female fish spawn, the eggs hydrate in their abdomen. This is likely what happened. Frogfish look like they're about to explode! These guys can be captive bred, I am lucky enough to have a captive bred one from the guy at MACNA. It is actually quite common for them to court and spawn in the aquarium, it is what happens after that which is tough.

Back