What happens when your LFS owner knows you too well...

weaglereefer

Market
Reaction score
I went to the store for a CUC for the 10G and I was checking out a few pieces of rock (fresh from Vietnam, already cured with minimal die off). He said pistol shrimp were coming out of them left and right. I thought my Yellow Watchman might be a bit lonely, but was hesitant to spend money on a shrimp that's too small to see. Then he showed me this guy, about 3" claw to tail, 2 shades of orange, and blue legs. Of course, being school colors was a big plus, and now he's acclimating, and I plan to release him near my yellow watchman and hope it goes well. Best part, he only cost $20! Cheaper than the piece of rock I was looking at that he came out of.

Pistol.jpg
alt="" />

They already found each other and the yellow watchman is standing guard at the front of a cave!

I've already heard the pistol fire off a few rounds, but have not observed any casualties, though my cleaner shrimp has moved to the other side of the tank.

I will try to get a pic/vid but they're around back and all you can see is the watchman at the front of the cave.

au01st;318327 wrote: I went to the store for a CUC for the 10G and I was checking out a few pieces of rock (fresh from Vietnam, already cured with minimal die off). He said pistol shrimp were coming out of them left and right. I thought my Yellow Watchman might be a bit lonely, but was hesitant to spend money on a shrimp that's too small to see. Then he showed me this guy, about 3" claw to tail, 2 shades of orange, and blue legs. Of course, being school colors was a big plus, and now he's acclimating, and I plan to release him near my yellow watchman and hope it goes well. Best part, he only cost $20! Cheaper than the piece of rock I was looking at that he came out of.

Pistol.jpg
alt="" />

Can't beat an auburn shrimp! War Eagle!

Thats a monster. I'd love to get rid of mine. If he does in fact exist...

Nice pistol! I have a couple, but one is getting kinds big. I'm hoping he won't go for my pipefish....hummmm.......

stacy22;318496 wrote: Hey did they have these in bright orange with a "T"? :D

No, but I think they had another blue and orange with a green stripe, and one that was purple and gold. He clearly ruled the entire tank and I contemplated getting him.

I really contemplated not getting him but decided if he move to the front where he was normally visible, he'd be worth the cleaner shrimp sacrifice...

No new pics. I picked him up on the way home from court (only LFS is on that side of town), acclimated him while getting ready for work, released him and got to watch him for a few min before heading to work. My roommate said he can hear him popping.

It was sarcasm...SEC joke since I'm also an LSU fan and they rule the SEC and BCS (and tOSU)...

au01st;318808 wrote: It was sarcasm...SEC joke since I'm also an LSU fan and they rule the SEC and BCS (and tOSU)...

:) As long as there are no red and black pistols :boo:

Yeah, thats a nice looking pistol. Great price too!

My watchman paired up with a fire shrimp.

Beautiful shrimp, but sadly i dont think they are the kind that pairs with goby's(much like the red one I have) and you will probably never see it again(much like my red one that I havent seen in 5 years)

I haven't lost sight of him. I have seen him several times moving in and about the rocks and I've heard the clicking a few times today. Earlier I saw him shoot a snail off the back wall, but the snail was fine a few minutes later. Pretty funny (though I'm sure stressful for the snail).

Back