What have you done with your nano?

jesspete

Market
Reaction score
Well, after losing most of my big colonies of sps awhile back, I've kinda moved more towards lps. I'm loving it! I still have a bunch of frags that were in the frag tank and were/are just fine. I don't have a calcium reactor, nor do I plan to get one soon. I'm going to give most of my little frags to Barb, let her grow them out and keep the colonies, and maybe give me frags back later if I want them. Anywho... I've moved a bunch of my frags over to the display tank, and I'm pretty happy with how things look in there. As things grow out, I'll even have to trim stuff back later.

This leaves me without a large need of my frag tank. It's a setup I got from Barb. It's 20 gallons, is plumbed into the main system, and has two 70 watt metal halides. I'm thinking of keeping it hooked up and doing a "less hassle" nano with it. I considered a pretty nem and some clowns, or leaving space for a small frag rack. We like having it bare bottom right now. For water changes, we pull out the frags and racks, shut off the return, scrape and drain that tank, then refill it with fresh water and turn the returns back on. Makes for pretty simple waterchanges with little disturbance in the display. So.... I'm not one hundred percent sure I want to put sand in it.

Any cool ideas? I considered seahorses, since I won't need a ton of flow. Don't think I'm too interested in a shrimp / goby pair. Maybe, but doubtful. Any cute ideas. I could cover it to keep it safe from jumpers. With the halides, could do some cool coral stuff.

I used to have purple firefish. I miss them. Stand and light box are black. Wouldn't they look cool against black sand?! I like the fact that I have big tank stability.

Steve;376202 wrote: How about a Helfrich's Firefish tank?

Steve! It is soooo sweet of you to offer! When you bringing them over? I've got some beer in the fridge for ya for spending so much!

.... and I thought you forgot my birthday. :D

JessPete;376205 wrote: Steve! It is soooo sweet of you to offer! When you bringing them over? I've got some beer in the fridge for ya for spending so much!

.... and I thought you forgot my birthday. :D

We've got 3 at Creation waiting for you! Only 99 bux a piece.

I'd be in serious trouble. Especially when I'd have to go get one of Chris's amazing carpets at Einstein's for a few hundred bucks. I mean, if you've got picasso's, you want them to host, and you wouldn't want them in any old anemone.. .. .. ..

awww, you're no fun! :p

If I was going to spend that much, though, I'd have to go with the picassos.

Have you seen the dwarf seahorses? You could have a whole herd of these guys in a nano:
a>

Purples, a neon goby and a blood shrimp sound cool to me. Especially against black sand

Softies and lps that don't produce alot of waste would be really cool. The smaller shrooms are cool and easy as are zoas. Palys would be fun in the sandbed on rubble. Maybe a sprig of seagrass. Snails no hermits

Keith, (it's Keith, right?) you may be the front runner. A fire shrimp with the purples.... very cool. We wouldn't do much live rock at all in there. Mushrooms and zoas would definitely be on the menu though. I have to go look up neon goby though.

Yep that's me.
You will really dig the neon goby. Like having a really hardy hyper active pet in your tank

I'll cover it before adding fish. I already did covers on the display, just didn't need them in frag tank as of yet.

Personally, I think a whole tank of cool looking shrimp would be awesome! Of all the things in our tank, my wife loves the shrimp the most so far. Or you could do a mantis tank?

Back