What I'm doing tonight

jdavid

Market
Reaction score
I have had this fixture laying around and decided to work on it tonight. The ballast is good, the lamp fires (250w double end) and both power compacts and the fan work. The moonlights were corroded but everything else looks fine, just really dusty. Cleaning the salt creep off and getting the splash guards out was almost impossible. It's just a thick piece of glass over the MH and two thin sheets of acrylic over the PCs but they were LOCKED IN with salt creep!

Despite the moonlights, this will be a nice little fixture for someone who wants to grow coral with a budget. It would need all new bulbs though, which makes the fixture worth little IMO. Maybe the ballast gives it some worth.

null_zps4ba11bb3.jpg
alt="" />
null_zps17961451.jpg
alt="" />
null_zps9d664477.jpg
alt="" />
null_zps08e295b7.jpg
alt="" />
null_zps8ea6deb5.jpg
alt="" />
null_zps318db15f.jpg
alt="" />

What do you guys think? Clean it up or throw it away. Trash or treasure?

Retro fit kit... If I wasn't so broke I would take it to do my lights like Seth does... but I'm poor at the moment

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

BrandonMason;908911 wrote: Retro fit kit... If I wasn't so broke I would take it to do my lights like Seth does... but I'm poor at the moment

I won't have anything with a canopy set up, just rimless. I don't think I'll ever use this light. I wonder what the ballast alone is worth, because that is what the whole thing would be worth to me. If I was doing a retrofit, I'd use T5's and better reflectors. The power compacts would be good for actinic with a 14k I suppose

If you want it, we could work something out. I'd even give it to you on good faith that you'll repay me somehow lol. But first I'm gonna keep working on it. It needs new screws, other than that, won't cost me anything to clean it up nice.

I'm somewhat in the same boat you are... we've grown tired of the bio and I was watching to see if yours sold before I posted ours again.

The resale value on them is rough. I have offers for $150 on the 29bc but for some reason the extra $50 is really holding me up. I put it on craigslist for $250 for some room to negotiate.

how great would that be to stack with 10xt5s and run VUE660s!

Talk about a powerhouse t5 fixture~

Back