What is the best In-sump pump for a MR 2 skimmer w/2 beckett skimmer?

raz0945

Supporting
Reaction score
Looking for a in-sump pump , it needs to be powerful, it's for a 265g, 125g, 90g with a 180g sump.

Ideally you would want a pressure pump with about 500 gph per injector minimum, but I dont know of any pressure based pumps that are submersible. If you cant get a pressure pump upping the flow per injector to 800-1000 gph will work too.

If the skimmer is also in the sump, I would say you could use a mag 12 or 18 or equivalent.

If its not in the sump and is on a shelf(has some head pressure to get to it) I would do a mag 18 or 24 depending on the elevation.

Check the pump curves for what you are looking at to make sure it can flow at least 500 gph at the height of the skimmer neck(not the injector)

You can also get by with much lower flows if you use an air pump to push air into the injectors as well.

Holley...I tested a Jebao DCT12000 on that same skimmer about a year ago. It took everything that pump could put out to power it properly but it did a great job. I would say the largest Jebao DCT pump then dial it in to the output that you want.

Thanks Guys! I have a mag 24 (pond pump) and I am running the Jebao 12000 on my 140g frag tank I will try both of them. I did want the skimmer in the sump. I know the mag runs warmer then most pumps. :yes:

ANY OTHER INPUT IS WELCOME!!!

i like the concept of multiple in sump pumps simply because if one pump failed then the entire system or multiple tanks won't suffer.
i have also run the jebao pumps and really do like them, low heat, less power consumption and controllable are all a plus.
just my cent and half.

Back