What is the best website for buying large rare corals.

kibrg2000

Reaction score
I would like to know who has had the best luck on the web buying large rare corals and what are the site names.

Atlantisaquarium.net (though they don't often have large colonies)
Reefermadness.us (large colonies, but not all that rare)
Live Aquaria's diver's den (some nice sized wild and maricultured colonies--again, not all that rare, but nice nonetheless)

I've ordered from the last two on several occasions with good results.

Oh, also: drmaccorals.com (pacific east aquiculture), and reefscience.com

I did an order from cherrycorals.com and am very happy with my purchace.

What do you mean by "large" are you refering to colonies or large frags?

I don't think I've seen someone selling colonies of LE or rare corals. The above names sell colonies but typically they are not rare corals.

The money is made in fragging the large colonies to sell at a higher margin to more people.

Occasionally you can run across a nice colony sized piece at fragglereef.com

What i mean by big, is extremly large frags or large colonies. I have good luck with live aquara, and
a> he get some pretty rare stuff but didnt like the way it was shipped.

I ordered a bunch of acans and a rainbow bullsyeye from zoanuts.com and they were well priced and are absolutely beautiful. Free shipping with an order > 150.

Define extremely large. 12" across? 18" across? I think you're looking to get a business license and buying from a wholesaler to get something THAT big.

i would define big as 6" x 6" or maybe 8" x 8" but we all have bought enough coral to know what bigs.

give sal a shout (horsesziggy, no jokes from the peanut gallery). I talked to him yesterday and he said he got some nice acro pieces in...nice colors. they open on february first...at least that's the target date.

I guess what i an saying would be buying mother colonies like an acro who would sell something like this, seem to hard to find on the web.

Back