What is this coral?

jbdangar

Reaction score
I am a new guy at this. I went to an LFS and they had this for sale. Given it had green and pink coloring, I thought I would buy it since my wife would like the colors. It kinda looks like a stylophora, but I am basing that only on looking online at some pictures. Any help is greatly appreciated (BTW, if it is a piece of concrete, tell me I am an idiot :doh: )
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
244194=14119-DSC_0061.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
244194=14119-DSC_0061.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="DSC_0061.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Ditto on the flower pot coral with its polyps retracted. Those are a little difficult for new reefers to keep alive. Good luck.

Do your homework before you buy corals!

Yeah, hard to be sure with the slight blurr in the pic, but I would guess a goniopora/flowerpot... POor track record in captivity.

i have a flowerpot and its doing fine.. VERY difficult to keep, always a pissed off b... but anyways, if your new to this. id take it back and get something that is easier and until your tank matures its just going to die..

It does look the same. If it is a favia, and not a goniopora, you may be good to go.
the problem with the gonioporas is that they do fine for a few months or a year, then just deteriorate. Kinda like a rental.

It's not a flowerpot, that came from Marine Fish and we still have one exactly like it if anyone would like to check it out. But it is definitely not a flowerpot.

Back