What is this?

NanCrab

Supporting
Reaction score
These white spot have developed on this and a couple other plugs/corals over the past week. Every drag was dipped and double rinsed. I thought it was maybe sand particles from some of the pieces I have that are encrusted and came with sand attached but on closer examination that does not seem to be the case. Normal or maybe parasite eggs?
Thanks!

Attachments

• 785DC7C1-5B76-4704-A62E-C64A0898B5D9.jpeg
    785DC7C1-5B76-4704-A62E-C64A0898B5D9.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 28
Looks like Vermetid snails. Not horrible pest but can get out of hand fast. They produce a mucus trail out of the opening that can irritate corals and cause then to close up. Many ways of dealing with them.

Little teeny tiny feather dusters. Nothing to worry about. They've got a name but I can't recall it right now.

Not a parasite per se. They look like barnacles, and are a sign of good water chemistry and a healthy tank :D They can grow on your glass and walls but are easily scraped off. They won't cause any damage.

Looks like Vermetid snails. Not horrible pest but can get out of hand fast. They produce a mucus trail out of the opening that can irritate corals and cause then to close up. Many ways of dealing with them.
If they were vermitid, I'd think they'd have the long tube extending from them. I'm betting on barnacles at this point.

lol all three different opinions at the same time. Id go with one of the other guys suggestions. I know nothing john snow.

Glad to know those have a name. I was told they were tiny little barnacles. I've got some in my tanks as well. Good to know :D

So this means I’m actually doing a good job?! Yay!! And in a little 13g QT with nothing but an HOB filter.
Gives me a modicum of hope in regards to managing the bigger tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back