What is this?

Todd13189

Market
Reaction score
Hey was wondering if anyone can identify this creature?
thanks in advance!

Attachments

• B4F3D5D2-F3C6-4CA4-A03F-D072AF1C00C6.jpeg
    B4F3D5D2-F3C6-4CA4-A03F-D072AF1C00C6.jpeg
    648.8 KB · Views: 24
I'm not certain but I'd get it out. It looks a lot like some sort of nudibranch but I can't really tell. Usually small things that colored are flatworms of one type or another but this little critter looks like it's got a distinct and snail-like head. Is it smoother are are there "frills" on it's back? That would point towards nudibranch. Does it seem to have a head and move like a snail? There are a few good nudibranchs out there and a lot of bad one's. I'd err on the side of caution and segregate the thing at the very least.

I'm not certain but I'd get it out. It looks a lot like some sort of nudibranch but I can't really tell. Usually small things that colored are flatworms of one type or another but this little critter looks like it's got a distinct and snail-like head. Is it smoother are are there "frills" on it's back? That would point towards nudibranch. Does it seem to have a head and move like a snail? There are a few good nudibranchs out there and a lot of bad one's. I'd err on the side of caution and segregate the thing at the very least.
Just found what it is;
It's Vayssierea felis. They're predators of spirorbid worms, so are essentially harmless in reef tanks.

Back