What is your tanks ORP at?

FutureInterest

Market
Reaction score
Having recently moved from an apex classic to the fusion... I've been monitoring ORP until I can figure out how to change it into a ph port :)

Just curious what you guys are reading for ORP. Granted it seems like a fairly useless thing to track. Mine is at 300.

As long as it's over 200 all is good according to RHF. Most systems I've seen run between the mid 200's and mid 300's.

Part of their description: "Honestly, calibrating your ORP probe is a waste of your time and money in nearly every case. The calibration solutions usually cost more than the probe itself, and it's easier to mess things up than make it better. "

Seems like its not worth doing.

Part of their description: "Honestly, calibrating your ORP probe is a waste of your time and money in nearly every case. The calibration solutions usually cost more than the probe itself, and it's easier to mess things up than make it better. "

Seems like its not worth doing.

exactly, dont chase numbers just see where your tank usually is and watch for big drops. Mine reads in the 300 range, if it drops below 200 its because something is wrong so I have it set to kick on the closed loop when it drops and then it goes back up.

Mine was always over 300 until I found a better used for the porT

Mine ranges from 300 - 360 throughout the day. Tends to drop dramatically when I feed.

Mine was always over 300 until I found a better used for the porT

Out of curiosity, what did you do with the port? I wasn't aware it was possible to use that port for any other probe type.

You can use it as a second ph port instead. This is particularly useful if you have a calcium reactor.

Back