What kind of fish..Need to know NOW :)

tnyga

Market
Reaction score
Wife is on the way home and then off to the LFS for a new fish..

54 gallon corner..

Currently have 3 clowns (all get along)
1 Bi Blenny
2 Emeralds
1 cleaner shrimp

Was thinking about something that will utilize the tank, clowns migrate in one section primarily...Blenny is all over...

Flame? Pigmy? Fox Face? Im open to suggestions....It may be my last fish..Id be open to a small yellow tang to trade when its larger...The blue tangs scare me (small) because of all the ich I read about here...

Im leaving when she gets home so shoot me ideas...

Id even consider something some has here....

I love the Atlantic Pygmy Angel. Mine was all over the tank and loved to play in the 400gph stream coming out of my Aquaclear70 powerhead.

Thanks Danny, I need a 400gph powerhead, now I know who makes one!

I'll post it to WTB later, LOL!

Well we just went to Ocean Treasures and Petco and neither had anything I like, or they had something but they didnt look too good...

Going to head out tomorrow after church...where do you recommend?

What has more selection...Never been to Poseidens, marine fish once but really only looked at corals...

Is some type of tang ok in my 54 Corner??

try blue planet. they are sponsors and always have healthy livestock

In mcdonough right? I told wife id like to try that...they open tomorrow?

nope they are closed sunday and monday. But I think she said they are getting a shipment in Monday or Thursday but I can't remember. Just give Tiffany a call before you go to see if they came in.

what did you get? You could get some cromis, they are a neat schooling fish. I'm thinking abot getting 3 box anthias for my final fish addition, but i'm not 100% sure just yet.

I wouldn't put a tang in a 54, but that is just me. A royal Gramma would be a great addition to your tank.

I didnt get anything last night...I just didnt see anything I liked. The only tang Ive thought about was a Bristletooth Tomini, Ctenochaetus tominiensis.</em> It says tank size a 70 gallon, very peaceful and reef safe. As much as Id like a brown powder and such , it wouldnt be fair to the fish.

Im not big on th cromis, not that theyre ugly or anything, Im just going for a certain "look" for my personality within my tank parameters.

Its so funny...years ago when I had a 55 FOWLR I bought what looked cool with no consideration for the fish. Since Ive joined you addicts Ive researched, considered consequences and asked half way intelligent questions...Who said you couldnt teach old dogs new tricks!?

I will be going to Marine Fish I think today so feel free for more info...nothing is etched in stone

Aren't you going to the meeting Tues night? It's near Marine Fish and it's staying open until 9:30 so we can shop. I'm assuming the discount will be in effect during the after-hours shopping.

Linda Lee;86788 wrote: Aren't you going to the meeting Tues night? It's near Marine Fish and it's staying open until 9:30 so we can shop. I'm assuming the discount will be in effect during the after-hours shopping.

Last night during our Hubby and wife trek to LFS's she so reminded me of my sons ring ceremony where the parents present their sons/daughters school ring to them. Is this a Georgia thing because it was not a New Jersey thing.

She did say this am that he didnt want to go but that can change at a womans notice...

So the answer is I dont know...If I do my oldest girl will be joining me...

Ok...Picked up a bristletooth tomini tang...was in a show tank (50 gl) for about a year...I felt bad that they had to remove most of the rock and contents to get him out :(. Acclamating him now...very pretty fish.

Did you get a baby? I've read that these need a 70g min tank.

Beautiful fish ~ congrats and can't wait to see pictures. If you don't mind me asking, where'd you get him?

It is a smaller one, about 3 inches....If it hadnt been in a 47 gallon hex for the last year I would be more concern and I have seen this fish and purchased corals from the tank it has been in since July. Ive read 50, 55 and 70 as far as tank size....
http://www.marinecenter.com/fish/tangs/flamefintominitang/">http://www.marinecenter.com/fish/tangs/flamefintominitang/</a>

Ill get some picks once hes out...just let him loose after a couple hour drip..

Edit: Loganville..Ocean Treasures

Back