What Should I do at This Point

snowmansnow

Market
Reaction score
Life hit HARD over the last 6 months, and I lost my SPS corals (which was a lot of coral). I'm not sure what happened, and it won't do a lot of good backtracking at this point. Something just got out of whack and it nuked me.

At this point I MAY be looking at a home relocation, so it would make sense to rebuild in a few months. (WITH A GLASS TANK this time).

So, I suppose I save my digitas and LPS, which were about the only thing that survived, wait to see what happens and relocate.

I'm happy with my equipment, and I'm confident it will grow anything I want.

Not sure what I'm asking actually... :fish::fish::fish::fish::fish:

Been there. Done that. Do it!

Your system will be better than ever after the move.

I would be tempted to sell the rest of the corals, keep the equipment, then reset the tank after you move. I guess it really depend upon how much you like what you have left, and exactly how certain you are you will move. I would not go to the extreme of selling everything unless you are definitely relocating vs just maybe relocating.

My 100 gallon mixed reef is a lot less work than the 465 SPS tank regarding maintenance. That can be nice when life outside the hobby gets busy. But I am always drawn back to SPS for some reason, maybe their challenge.

Hey Brandon,

If you should choose to set back up again, you are welcome to stop by and get frags of the corals I picked up from you.

Don't sell your equipment for pennies on the dollar unless you're positive you're out for a long time. If you set it back up, try corals you didn't have before to keep the enjoyment fresh.

Bgcoop8784;962747 wrote: I would go with a 45 or 60gal cube like you had talked about, this way it's easy to maintain and also easy to move if you decide to. Then you could always upgrade larger later if need be.

Bigger tank is easier to maintain chemistry wise. I habrntw seen a long term small sps tank.

Brandon I'm really sorry to hear about your SPS. We all know how many and how nice they were :(
Just wondering if perhaps one contributing faster of losing them is from your loss of interest in the tank? I remember seeing a thread of which you posted, considering getting out, awhile ago.
If your tired and think you want a break, sell the coral, hold on to equipment and see if you miss it in 6 months.

it was partly that i'm sure.
there are VERY few corals to keep haha.. but I have some fish.

If I move Ii'll redo the tank.. probably in the 48xlong 36widex 24 tall dimension I've always wanted.

B

Back