What size pump for my biopellet reactor

reefstinger

Market
Reaction score
Ok I have a large Precision marine reactor, I am using on my 310 gallon volume system. I was using a mag 7 pump and it just would not move the pellets much at all, Do I need to use a MAG 9 pump. thanks for any replies. So Sorry to hear about Acroholic, very sad indeed:sad:

Where have YOU been?

Don't really understand the question but even if I did I'm sure others know more about such large tanks. :)

Mag 9 might do the trick. You really won't know until you try it out. Best to get a stronger pump that you can dial down with a ball valve (on the output of the pump never on the input). You want the bio-pellets to be "suspended" with a light tumble. They don't need to be moving around a whole lot.

The size pump needed will always be relative to the head pressure/length of travel, your reactor size, reactor design, and the media you are using.

I tap into my main return pump so that I can use it for running reactor too. That is why I buy the biggest strongest dct pump I can find. One pump I can run 3 reactors + return. Thanks for the ideas from Brett, Marlon and New2Reef. U guys are the best

Back