What Size Tanks Can You Get That Are 48???

sj miller guy

Market
Reaction score
I'm looking to upgrade past my 55 in the next few months. I was wondering what size tanks you can get that are 48"? I know you can get a 75 and possibly a 90, but which ones are the most common?

I'm not wanting to go very deep from top down.

Anyone going to be upgrading any time soon and have one for sale?

How much are the 90" 's going for? For now, all i would need is the tank and stand.

Is the jump from a 55 to a 90 difficult? I didn't figure jumping that high would be such a wise idea but I guess it's only 15 more gallons.

the 90 has the same floor plan as the 75, its just like 4 or 6 inches taller. mufret is right, the 120 is also a 48 inch tank but it has better depth than the 75 and 90. I really like the 120 alot. we have a 120 at our store for 1499, tank, hood, and stand, reef ready. we also have a 90 reef ready as well but im not too sure on the prce

Aren't there also 150g tanks that are 4 feet long? I think someone on this board is selling it. 110g's are also 4' long.

Nishant3789;40992 wrote: the 90 has the same floor plan as the 75, its just like 4 or 6 inches taller. mufret is right, the 120 is also a 48 inch tank but it has better depth than the 75 and 90. I really like the 120 alot. we have a 120 at our store for 1499, tank, hood, and stand, reef ready. we also have a 90 reef ready as well but im not too sure on the prce

I LOVE that 120 in your store if that is the cherry one! Very good looking tank and stand!!

I've got a 90 gallon for sale, it has a custom oak stand and canopy, one overflow, and drilled for closed loop. Asking $450. In great shape, needs cleaned, its been sitting for about a year.
Richard

rgzfly;41012 wrote: I've got a 90 gallon for sale, it has a custom oak stand and canopy, one overflow, and drilled for closed loop. Asking $450. In great shape, needs cleaned, its been sitting for about a year.
Richard

PM sent

i had a 120 for a year was great alot of space to work with and fish love it. go for the 120 with a 30 gal sump and drill it!

i really like the 120 too, its really ideal for a reef tank because of the depth it has. but honestly its the stand and canopy that makes me really really like it. That tank, and this isnt just a plug, is really a piece of fine furniture as well as a great looking tank.
Nishant

Here ya go:

http://www.glasscages.com/?sAction=ViewCat&lCatID=2">http://www.glasscages.com/?sAction=ViewCat&lCatID=2</a>

All the way to a 310g in that dimension.

IMO, I would be careful with tanks that stretch well past 22-24" in depth because they are more difficult to clean and move things around toward the bottom. I don't think I would own a tank I couldn't touch the bottom on as it makes things much easier. The mag scraper attachment and things like that do make it easier, but I have never mastered working with tongs when it comes to moving stuff around.

Back