What tank mate is the best at keeping the sand turned over and clean?

gmanjeep

Market
Reaction score
I was just wondering what crab/fish or whatever is best at keeping the substrate clean and white.I obviou:confused2: sly dont have one whatever it is!!

I just got this Dragon goby. All he does all day is shift sand through his gills.

a>

My sand was getting packed down and I got 2 sand sifting gobies, a diamond, and a striped head something or other. The first week my tank looked like a sandstorm everything got coated with the dust but now that is cleared up and they fluffed the sand up. It looked like I had added another 1" of sand.

Keep in mind that these gobies will wreck havoc on the infauna in your sand bed...

I would love to have a sand sifter but my small tank doesn't have enough pods to keep one alive. I have both Nassarius and Cerith Snails and the Ceriths make the most difference since they will also clean the glass below the sand line.

"Ceriths make the most difference since they will also clean the glass below the sand line."

I agree with Bud and others about the Cerith snails.

MattTVI;92615 wrote: Keep in mind that these gobies will wreck havoc on the infauna in your sand bed...
+1. I love my goby, but everything that isn't tree-like (i.e. branching coral, softies, etc) has to be off the sand bed. He will litter anything that's less than 2" off the bed with sand (seemingly on purpose). Definitely have to keep clams off the bottom.

Back