What tank should I get?

ouling

Market
Reaction score
Well i'm just itching to get another fish tank and in need of some advice.

Which tank should I get?

24 X 24 X 16 rimless 40 gallon and have a sump underneath with big skimmers, heavy water flow provided by Koralia to lubercate the action in conjunction with 24w X 8 of T-5s.

Or just the hell with it and get one of these:
http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=FI-MTG-2402&Category_Code=Aquariums">http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=FI-MTG-2402&Category_Code=Aquariums</a>

What do you guys suggest?

get the finnex dude it will give you more time to spend with your wife and less work ....plus itts a cool *** set up

good toss up--get them both! J/K I like the 40, but the 30 gives you a nice clean looking all-in-one package-?

You guys make some very good points that I cannot come to myself.

I'm getting the M-tank... But what kinda light...?????

Check these out
a>

talk to Sam. Have have a tank running at his office.

That thing come with everything you need. Wave maker, MH light, sump and skimmer.

I really like the Finnex and the Cadlite. Both seem like a step above the entry level all-in-ones.

But my opinion after having an all in one is that I would have rather had a rimless with a sump w/a pendant light.

WOLFIE;125837 wrote: talk to Sam. Have have a tank running at his office.

That thing come with everything you need. Wave maker, MH light, sump and skimmer.

I have to second that. I saw it last time I was there, and it was all I could do not to order one right there. I think its a 29 gallon JBJ. Very Very nice.

LorenK;125867 wrote: I really like the Finnex and the Cadlite. Both seem like a step above the entry level all-in-ones.

But my opinion after having an all in one is that I would have rather had a rimless with a sump w/a pendant light.

I do see your point about having everything compacted into one container never-the-less have to compromise on certain aspects of the system. Such as not being able to keep a sump for extra volume, won't be able to fit a stupid large skimmer in there along with a bigger water return pump. On the other hand, less water volume and low power skimmer can be compensated by doing more frequent and easier water changes. Also, the noise level produced by a all-in-one unit would be alot less than that of one with sump, pump, and overflow.

To keep life simple (which is the reason I got out of the big tank business), I'm leaning towards getting one of these 30-40g tanks.

:)

Back