What the heck is this

kstyle13

Market
Reaction score
I have no clue what it is I'm seeing but it seems to be taking over.... If you've ever seen sponge Bob on TV then this is the best way I can describe this. I can't post a picture or I would. It looks like plankton from spongebob. Without the antennas. It is crawling across the glass on all areas of my tank and sump. It's got an oval body except the tail end has an inverted v....

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

ety2e5uz.jpg
alt="" />
I went and Google flatworms. I found this picture. It's exactly what I have except I have thousands that I can see. Yesterday it was like maybe 20 tops but today they are literally EVERYWHERE! !!!

Algae eating flatworm... If you have thousands you have an extremely nutrient rich system. Likely caused by over stocking and or over feeding.

Well I definitely don't have it overstocked. Lol I nearly have any fish. But I will admit to overfeeding.... I think...

kstyle13;947695 wrote: Well I definitely don't have it overstocked. Lol I nearly have any fish. But I will admit to overfeeding.... I think...

In any event, those are not the bad ones... I allow them to thrive in all my systems present and past. I would however consider thinning the herd a bit if you truly have that many. Be warned, I've have heard reports of them causing problems to a system when they are killed in mass. I've never had the bad ones so I've never done sufficient research on the topic, could be bologna.

good luck getting rid of them. i didnt know what it was either the first time i saw that i had one in my tank.. and man it was massive. be glad yours arent like this:

watch

MassiveDynamic;947792 wrote: good luck getting rid of them. i didnt know what it was either the first time i saw that i had one in my tank.. and man it was massive. be glad yours arent like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNrC_IhYsIc">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNrC_IhYsIc</a>[/QUOTE]

Hard to tell but that could be good as well like a Stomatella, again to grainy to be certain of anything.

I just know that they are ugly. Lol and from everything I've read they are red brown flatworms. Which can kill corals if they get too plentiful. However the ones in my sump seem to have disappeared. They are only in the dt. I added some white panty hose to give some added filtered floss. So all the water that passes through my sump gets filter twice through the pantyhose. The water already seems to be more clear. I'm debating on whether or not to add an additional over pipe. Just to help with water circulation. I've got return pump on the lowest setting so if I turn it up it should compensate for the increase in volume. I think that may help with Turing water over.

I think my pseudo was keeping it in check because they o lyrics showed up after I removed all the fish for qt. And he was always picking at the rocks and glass

+++ 10000000 on get a wrasse... I lost mine a couple of months ago. Since then the spaghetti worms are everywhere. Also the asterina stars.... Need to replace it..

Any wrasses that are colorful and pretty. I know the 6 line is colorful but any other ones? I want something bright and striking. If I'm adding fish to my tank I don't want anything dull and "freshwater" like. I can get boring colors with freshwater. I want eye popping.

Yea that's really pretty. Lol I also have my mandarin that is said to eat them as well.... but he's in qt for another few weeks. 3 to be exact.

But not the same qt as my ich fish. Just to clarify. :p

Back