What to feed a yellow tang?

jellyfish

Reaction score
I put a yellow tang in my tank a few weeks ago and he doesn't seem to want to eat. What should I feed him?

mysid or brine shrimp. but try the alage sheets. the brine shrimp need to be inriched.

the romaine lettuce only has %50 of the nutriton value needed so it should not be fed more than once a week.

it has %50 in a very large amount so it would be like feeding a dwarf seahorse non inriched bbs.

sal told me that the red algae you can get for sushi is more nutritional. The sprayed stuff is apparently uncooked, and contains bits of marine sponges.

I use a combination of the spectrum pellets and nori for my tangs. They love it and keeps them heathly and colorful

Ocean Reef Prime Flakes... stuff is like crack for fishes and everybody that I know uses it swears by it. Every fish I have likes it and that includes my tangs and a diamond goby who actually sifts it.

It could take some time for him to start eating and as others have said just leave some nori/seaweed in the tank all the time for him to nibble on. He will likely come around.

i use Julian sprungs "sea veggies". i alternate between the green and purple but my yellow tang prefers the purple. also enriched brine and spirulina flakes.

If you look at my picture to the left I have a rather large yellow tang and all he will eat is the red or green marine algae sheets by julian sprungs that I pick up from petco. He attacks it like a shark attacking some fresh meat in the ocean. He refuses to eat anything else and trust me I have tried everything including the garlic. When I feed the other there flakes or brine and mysid shrimps he won't touch it.

I will try the algae sheets because he won't touch brine shrimp or anything else for that matter. I also tried reef flakes.

I feed mine: Nori, Brine shrimp, Mysis shrimp, cyclopeeze fraozen, and omega one algae flakes soaked in garlic.

Mine is a pig. He eats the cube of the day but I also give him some nori to for his vegies.

I Don't Feed Any Greensheets Any More Only The Red Sheets If He Wont Eat That Try Grape Colurpa They Go Crazy For It I Have 40 Plus Tangs In My Tank They Eat Anything And Everything, You Just Need To Get Him Started.

horsesziggy;60247 wrote: I Don't Feed Any Greensheets Any More Only The Red Sheets If He Wont Eat That Try Grape Colurpa They Go Crazy For It I Have 40 Plus Tangs In My Tank They Eat Anything And Everything, You Just Need To Get Him Started.

what size tank do u have.

Back