What type of worm is this?

mimi's fish

Market
Reaction score
Can someone tell me what kind of worm this is? Do I need to worry about it?
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
969576=55069-image.jpg
>
969576=55069-image.jpg
class="gc-images" title="image.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Yep...looks like a bristle worm to me. Don't touch it or you'll regret it. As for keeping...they're ok. Some fish will eat them. They are scavengers. Personally, I remove them when I see them but I also know I'll never see them all.

porpoiseaquatics;969590 wrote: Yep...looks like a bristle worm to me. Don't touch it or you'll regret it. As for keeping...they're ok. Some fish will eat them. They are scavengers. Personally, I remove them when I see them but I also know I'll never see them all.

Well....... If you REALLY want to know what it is, touch it. If it stings, hurts and swells it's a bristle worm :lol2:

Looks more like a fireworm to me, but the only real difference between it and a regular bristleworm is the hurt.

Leave it alone - it's a good cleaner-upper. It won't harm anything that's alive and healthy, except your fingers if you touch it.

Jenn

Look on google thatll be the easiest way to identify it man id use google begore asking here. Thats what i do before i ask here. Try to find out urself it'd be way more reliable bc u can see it in person and be able to identify it in comparison to another pic online.

Shine a light at might thats when they come out. About a hour after lights out is the best time. If it has brissles coming off it its a brissle worm. Some people hate they some people love them. DO NOT TOUCH them at all you will feel it :D

Back