What woud you do?

pochaxoo

Market
Reaction score
Ok, I have completed my new sump build and water leak tested the whole thing. The new sump now has around 55 gallons of 78 degree salt water circultating from one sump to the other.

Now my question is do I just turn it on and let it rip into the main aquarium or is there some kind of cycling activity I need to engage in? My aquarium is 90 gallons and currently is running about 10 gallons in a temporary sump with a skimmer.

Any help would be appreciated.

pochaxoo;336864 wrote: The new sump now has around 55 gallons of 78 degree salt water circultating from one sump to the other.

It sounds like you are already mixing the new water in the new sump with the tank water in the old sump? If so, I would just go ahead and make what ever changes you are going to do to cut on the new sump.

Well all is moved. I am now in the basement with my two sumps and all my equipment. The tank upstairs is now really quiet and there is almost nothing in the stand...strange. I was pleasantly surprised that the 3/4" "UP" line was able to handle all the flow of my little giant pump. The teeth on the mega-flow box seem to be the limiting factor. I punched opent he other hole on the overflow box that is designed for a input flex-loc hose is supposed to hang out of.

So tommorrow I hook up the other little giant and see what happens. I now think the overflow tubes can handle it but bet the overflow box will be flowing over the top. Not sure if that is problem or not??

I now have about 85 gallons in sump capacity and still have to get my 55 drilled before I can add that in as a fuge and frag tank.

I will take some pictures or video when completed... i am in the home stretch now.

Back