What would you do with this (I’m bored)

hiimsean

Supporting
Reaction score
So I cleaned up my old nano tank, an ADA 30W which is about 4gallons I think. I ran it with the small Aquaclear 20 HOB filter and intank media basket. I have it listed for sale but I’m thinking about setting it back up. I can decide if I want to do a small nano tank again or go with a small planted aquarium. Either way I’m planning on doing it on the cheap but I’ll need a light.

What would you do with this tank?E03A5096-B89D-4659-BEBC-282DAB990915.jpeg36F5730C-750B-4F66-95BF-0400D0299679.jpegE114343A-BD79-4E85-AAF5-6D07AC6F6A96.jpeg

What would you do with this tank?
Either would be good. It could be a FOWLR tank for fish you love that aren’t reef safe or for corals you like but can’t find a good spot for or a well planned planted tank would also be nice. Just have to think about what you want the most.

WAYYYYYYY too small for any fish. Make a zoo garden and add a decorative shrimp or some fancy crabs.

or

Do a species tank for the non reef safe fellows...Mantis shrimp, strawberry crab...

If you go species tank I have a coupe cheap lights that would work for $10, just saying.

OOH ZOA GARDEN FOR SURE! YOU COULD DO LIKE A GARDEN WITH GRASS AND USE GSP AS THE GRASS! (sorry for the caps lol)

Also ive seen some mods with that filter using it as a built-in refugium ill try to find it and link it here.

I'd do a planted tank! Go with some of the really cool nano freshwater fish. Thinking celestial pearls, neon blue rasboras, maybe some of the true freshwater bumblebee gobies. Or shrimp! I might have to go dig out my 10 gallon and do this.

WAYYYYYYY too small for any fish. Make a zoo garden and add a decorative shrimp or some fancy crabs.

or

Do a species tank for the non reef safe fellows...Mantis shrimp, strawberry crab...

If you go species tank I have a coupe cheap lights that would work for $10, just saying.
I think I saw a 20 and missed the 4 gallon part lol

I'd do a planted tank! Go with some of the really cool nano freshwater fish. Thinking celestial pearls, neon blue rasboras, maybe some of the true freshwater bumblebee gobies. Or shrimp! I might have to go dig out my 10 gallon and do this.

I was thinking shrimp. I’ve been watching a lot of YouTube videos with planted tanks and it makes me miss my old one.

I love the GSP floor and zoa idea. Just my two cents. Have a cool little shrimp in there as well. Could also serve as a coral QT tank.

I was thinking shrimp. I’ve been watching a lot of YouTube videos with planted tanks and it makes me miss my old one.

I always miss my planted tanks until I remember how much more time they took to maintain than my reef tanks.

Back