What's in your refugium

harleyguy

Market
Reaction score
I'm setting up a new refugium for my 93... and was curious what everyone puts in theirs... i.e. What are you using for substrate (sand, rock, Miracle Mud...)? Do you use Live rock in it? What greenery (Cheato, Caulerpa, Mangroves)? Do you seed it with brine shrimp, or anything else? Also, do you drip your effluent from your Calcium reactor into it (I used to due to the CO2)? Do you run a reverse cycle?

Pics please...

Thanks,

Shane

Bare bottom with LR (medium sized) rubble, chaeto, and a reverse cycle using a 100w clip on lamp from the HD. Didn't seed with anything, but I got a BUNCH of Pineapple Sponges and pods in there pretty quickly.

5" +/- Aragonite, big ball of Cheato, handfull of nassarius snails, reverse cycle with cheap HD clip on. Cheato is FULL of pods. Had some turtle grass, but lighting seemed insufficient, but plan to try again with better light.

One tank bare bottom, one with a 5" sand bed. Both with rock rubble and lots of caulerpa for the pods to hide in.

4 inch sand bed,rock rubble, snail, pods chateo,Caulerpa,and Mangroves, light for reverse cycle

Chymos45;342614 wrote: 5" +/- Aragonite, big ball of Cheato, handfull of nassarius snails, reverse cycle with cheap HD clip on. Cheato is FULL of pods. Had some turtle grass, but lighting seemed insufficient, but plan to try again with better light.

Oh yeah, forgot the mangroves. 5 twigs for now, no tops, only one starting to show roots. All floating on a styrofoam island.

4 in. sand bed, chaeto, a little leftover caluerpa that I didn't rip out, rubble and a crab hitchhiker, plus a couple snails and one stomatella. And a standard aquarium light on reverse cycle.

3-4" sand bed, cheato some rock rubble and a huge a** hermit lol thats my excitement

with standard aquarium light on reverse light cycle...

miracle mud just releases natural elements back in to the water over a long period of time. iirc

Back