Whats the best test kit for Alk and Calcium

ace1204

Market
Reaction score
Looking for what everyone thinks is the best and maybe whats the best for the money.

I think Salifert and API are both good for KH, and I use API for calcium. Those are probably best bang for the buck as far as those 2 particular tests are concerned, but ELOS is supposedly really good.

I like the SeaChem CA test personally. It's a little pricey and arduous to run, but it's a true titration test and allows for extremely precise readings. Their Mag

I concur on the API test for KH.

corvettecris;250991 wrote: I think Salifert and API are both good for KH, and I use API for calcium. Those are probably best bang for the buck as far as those 2 particular tests are concerned, but ELOS is supposedly really good.

I like the API for its cost effectiveness and relative accuracy, Derek got me onto this brand at cap bay.

ELOS is absolutely top of the line and the only test kits validated by the NIST.

a>

Have been using Salifert for mine but am interested in the Elos. The API test have always been reliable I just like the accuracy I get from the Salifert.

the elos retail price is between 24-32 dollars I believe, depending on what test you buy.

Elos.

Although popular, I would absolutely not recommend API or Salifert (both of which I have owned). Salifert used to be great but has suffered serious quality issues. I wanted to make API work due to cost, and literally tried three different CA kits. All three API kits read high by 80-100!. Also have had good luck with Seachem CA. I tested kits against the control that comes with the seachem.

jeff

Back