whats wrong with my gyre?

snowmansnow

Market
Reaction score
so i took it out to clean it.. no problem
put it back together.. and now its like the flow is all weird.. its kinda blowing strait up... whats going on here>????

and no.. it isn't upside down haha..

its like it isn't blowing.. OUT...

so i figured out it is running backwards for some reason. the controller says forward, but its running backwards so that the paddles aren't against the water and pushing it out..

whats going on ?

ok.. running the right way now.. but its like its blowing up and angled down, regardless of how the cage is pointed..

are the cages side specific??? They look identical to me

Wish i could help ya Brandon, I ended up with RWs

i figured it out.
the cages ARE side specific.. there is a TINY "A" on the one that goes on the left side if youre facing it. There's a tiny "B" on the other side.

Go figure

You are not by yourself, I read of quite afew who have done the same.Just like any other aquipment,intime it will get easier

SnowManSnow;1041691 wrote: i figured it out.
the cages ARE side specific.. there is a TINY "A" on the one that goes on the left side if youre facing it. There's a tiny "B" on the other side.

Go figure

Lol I think everyone of us has made the same mistake the first time.

it was mind blowing.. its like dropping a rock and it falling the wrong way

SnowManSnow;1041758 wrote: it was mind blowing.. its like dropping a rock and it falling the wrong way

Lol It took me hours of playing with it and finally a call to tech support set me straight. Their instruction manual wasn't very descriptive. At least not to me. :(

Same thing happened to me and for some reason now air gets trapped in the paddles and begins to make loud noises until I stop it then restart it a few seconds later. I wish I never cleaned it

Since my first cleaning / changeout it's been amazing and I love watching food circulate across the top down to the bottom and back around the tank. I get a ton of flow set on 4.

Back