when adding a tang

jaydm93teg

Market
Reaction score
when you guys have added a tang to a tank that already has a tang in it. How long did the chasing and bumping last until they all chilled out?

For other fish, sometimes it will only las a day or so, and sometimes it will never end (until one kills the other of course). Not to scare you as I do not have the experience with multiple tangs specifically.
Which tangs do you have and what size tank? Oh, and what are the sizes of the tangs and who was in there first? Not all that is necessary, but also curious myself.

well here it is and i do have the ability to take any one out and take it back to the LFS if it doesnt work out i know the guy personally so i have no restrictions as getting rid of any of them. Yes an upgrade is coming so no worries on that part.. all of the tang are pretty much the same size maybe like 4 inches.................

yellow tang was in first been in for about 2 months??

today i added a sail fin and a blonde naso

the yellow was acting a bit nuts for a little bit but now all seems well....all out and swimming fine except for a few baby bumps every now and then.

lights are out 3 diff. veggie clips with food in there on diff. walls of the tank and i re-arranged the rock work a little bit.

3 tangs in an 80 sounds like prison...lol. Sailfins are usually social and get along with anything that isn't a sailfin or similar body shape. If they all get along I would be ok with it, but if it were up to me and you were not upgrading soon, I would get rid of the yellow if the other two are buds 'cause splitting them and keeping 1 with one they don't like would be stressful IMO. Plus I just like sailfins:thumbs:

yeah i plan to upgrade soon no worries there....and thats what i just got off the phone about is bringing the yellow tang back

yellow tang is now happy in his new home at the LFS with about 10 other yellow tangs haha..........and the sailfin and blonde naso are already eating and picking at the rocks in my tank.

just print out pictures of the tangs you had in before and tape them to the tank, after a day or so take them off. They will be to busy with the pictures to care about the new guy.

You can get a plastic reptile keeper and put the new guy in to let them get used to each other. That way they cant pick on him right off the bat.

Back