When do you feed your corals?

oz

Market
Reaction score
I know some people just feed corals with what's floating in the tank while feeding fish and I have heard other people wait until after the lights go out to feed.

So what's your feeding schedule?

I would think ideally it would be fish food during the day and then a reef food / DT supplement an hour after the lights go out?

Whatever they get from what I feed the fish, fish poop and when I scrape the tank. I haven't actually bought coral food in well over 3 years. But there will be some who disagree with that.

glxtrix;221080 wrote: Whatever they get from what I feed the fish, fish poop and when I scrape the tank. I haven't actually bought coral food in well over 3 years. But there will be some who disagree with that.

I agree except that I add a smidgen oyster eggs once a week

I have been throwing in that frozen black reef food a couple times a week, fish seem to like it and all the polyps love the small pieces.

I just started using DT's for the last 2 months. Sometimes with the lights on and sometimes lights off. I figure it can't hurt to do both. Definitely have seen much faster growth of all sps.

I grow my own phyto and feed 2-3 times a week during the day before the lights come on.

I use Reef Nutition, Phyto about 2 times a week. Seems to help.. but maybe I got suckered into buying it. :lol2:

Back