When good vortechs go bad

cdub

Market
Reaction score
i noticed that my vortechs were not performing as well as they should recently so i thought i should take a look under the hood. i would guess this is the definition of how to tell when you need new wetside assembly magnets! on a side note i managed to break some pieces of my wetside assembly while trying to put in the new magnets, so i will have some magnet upgrades and wetside spare parts for sale very soon.

my.php
>
img0350r.jpg
alt="" /></a>

my.php
>
img0369a.jpg
alt="" /></a>

my.php
>
img0370v.jpg
alt="" /></a>

maybe I should keep my Tunze streams..........hummm......that's not the first time that I've heard something like that either.

FWIW I think you can contact ecotech and they will take care of it from what I have heard--I 'd try that before I just chunked it or parted it out on the cheap

<span style="color: black"><span style="font-family: Verdana">That’s the old magnets the new ones are coated and will not rust. You guys can sneaker all you want but I love mine. The only negative I have is they are not direct able but their small size and great flow make up for it. I used to have big tunzes and sold them after I bought my first vortech. Now I own 4 on two different tanks.</span></span>

<span style="color: black"><span style="font-family: Verdana">It looks like you have a lot precipitation do you use two part?</span></span>

They replaced my magnets for free.

<span style="color: black"><span style="font-family: Verdana">Joe</span></span>

No snicker here. I'm just debating on getting 2. No rush for me right now, though. So I'm always checking out stuff.

they were in the tank about 1.5 years if my memory serves me right. i actually have a kalk reactor which explains some of the calcium buildup. i did contact ecotech and they sent me two new magnets fairly quickly for a price(not free!). it was while trying to install these magnets that i ended up breaking some pieces of the wetside assemblies, and bought two new ones. i now have the 2 sets of brand new magnets and some parts for sale.

Back