When it rains lol...

taftonomos

Market
Reaction score
So I return home from my 2 week vacation to the islands to find that my exhaust/vent fan in my frag room is busted. Caput. Shorts out when you turn it on. Good thing I put it on it's own circuit in the room right :).

Taking a good look at it. Sure it's dirty, it's an exhaust fan. It's got some salt creep on it as well.

I'm looking to replace it with something that will last longer than 12 months, any suggestions? I know there are some here with large fish rooms and exhaust fans, what did you use?

Secondly, I come home from work today....Dart sequence is off. Hot as hell, and not pumping. Thankfully I have a spare, so I R&R the pump and everything is back up and running.

Pulling the shroud off, I can tell right away what the problem is.

The motor is done. The output side bearing is not doing it's job anymore, and so the shaft is wobbly quite a bit, causing the impeller to run, causing it to get hot, thermal shut down, etc. Since I don't have the receipt for the pump, I'm sure they won't warranty it, but I'll call them tomorrow anyway.

Blah.

Just have to say Chris from Reef-Flo is awesome.

Sending me a pump on warranty, and got a backup from him as well while I was at it. Seeing as though I've got over 3K worth of frags down there, I ought to have a spare pump lol. :yay:

I want to see what 3,000 worth of frags looks like. Heck I may buy some. LOL Glad to hear they have good serice.

Joe

Sorry man, due to vendor/non vendor type policies, I don't even think I can post a pic.

Just think a 4'x4' tank, filled with frags. Then double that. There ya go :)

Back