When they say..

kstyle13

Market
Reaction score
When they Vietnamese zoanthids does that mean their from Vietnam waters. Or is that their name?

usyda2u4.jpg
alt="" />
nu8udeby.jpg
alt="" />
ybe4edyd.jpg
alt="" />
9a9yjy6a.jpg
alt="" />

Also got these beautiful pieces today
u9era9ar.jpg
alt="" />
jataquse.jpg
alt="" />
sujamude.jpg
alt="" />
esy2atyq.jpg
alt="" />
ygaguhez.jpg
alt="" />
9u8ary6e.jpg
alt="" />

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Coral certainly is collected from Vietnam and surrounding area. Whether it was actually collected there or elsewhere maybe a concern... Not sure why however, I didn't think Vietnam area had anything other than some teardrop clams. I dunno though.

I saw another guy post a similar colony under the exact same name.... mine has a clam in it just as his did... except my clam is underneath the zoas not sticking out like his.

It had hair algae on it. It's gone now thougg. Roughly 10 minutes after placing in the tank the lawn mower blenny devoured it. If I didn't know where they were coming from I would have removed it. However I know that the guy I got them from takes more than special care of his setups. So I let it go to my blenny for some nice grazing. :)

Huh? He have nicer hair algae that someone else? I'm not sure I understand that one.

No I meant his tanks are nicer quality than others I've seen. And it's not over run with it. And since I knew my blenny would get rid of it before it could spread out of control I gave it to him to eat. If it had come from someone with poor quality tanks I would have scraped it so I wouldn't risk infecting my blenny with something nasty.

DawgFace;942485 wrote: Coral certainly is collected from Vietnam and surrounding area. Whether it was actually collected there or elsewhere maybe a concern... Not sure why however, I didn't think Vietnam area had anything other than some teardrop clams. I dunno though.

Actually croceas. The two things (marine aquarium related :) ) that Vietnam is known for primarily are croceas and zoanthids. Typically Vietnamese zoanthids are very unusually colored, unlike our more common aquacultured and other Indo zoanthids.

Yes, the Zoanthids likely originated in Viet Nam waters. I have had some really nice zoas from there.

Jenn

It's a beautiful colony. Some green, some purple, some orange, even some blue. And the. Of course different variations of each color. Quite a nice mother colony. In a week or two I'm gonna try my hand at fragging it a little. I've watched serval videos on it. It seems fairly easy. My scape and bone cutters ccame in today as well. Any advice on the matter?

Back