when to change lights

scubagirl12

Market
Reaction score
I have a 12g aquapod. this January with be a year with the same lights. I bought replacement lights but want to wait as long as possible before replacing the current ones as to save money. I know some people say every 6 months no matter what... but my corals seem fine. I was just wondering what people's thoughts were.

i would say 6-12 months but watch as the new lights will be alot brighter...just a warning incase when you do replace i would shorten the lighting period back an hour or two for a couple weeks then increase to keep from burning the corals...not sure about pcs but t5's and halides you have to watch for this so i would say the same for pc's

jeep9783;247560 wrote: i would say 6-12 months but watch as the new lights will be alot brighter...just a warning incase when you do replace i would shorten the lighting period back an hour or two for a couple weeks then increase to keep from burning the corals...not sure about pcs but t5's and halides you have to watch for this so i would say the same for pc's

oo good point. ill change them soon and knock the hours down. thanks for tha advice!

Back