when to get a cleaner crew

Reefplumber13

Market
Reaction score
my tank is up and running and has been for a week i put two damsels in there friday so how long do i need to wait till i get the cleaner crew?

you should have put in the clean up crew first lol....but check all you paremeters if they are good then your ready

oh no they are coming out and i kinda hope they die too i was told that will help the tank get where it needs to be faster

you been told wrong. It use to be that kind of thinking long ago, but alots had change since then

oh lol well they wont be in ther long i hope but what all shout i get for a cleaner crew my tank is a 45gal like how many of what?

Many folks here have much more experience than I do -- so take my comments accordingly.

After reading extensively, I found that many folks put tons of critters in their tank from the start only to have many die (and foul the tank) because there isn't enough for them to eat.

I waited a month or two before adding any cleaners and decided to introduce about 1/2 what most recommend. So far, everyone is very happy.

geno;173354 wrote: Many folks here have much more experience than I do -- so take my comments accordingly.

After reading extensively, I found that many folks put tons of critters in their tank from the start only to have many die (and foul the tank) because there isn't enough for them to eat.

I waited a month or two before adding any cleaners and decided to introduce about 1/2 what most recommend. So far, everyone is very happy.
+1.
I add a small cleanup crew after the tank cycles and has been stable for a while. I then add more cleanup crew as needed or when I find something that I can't live without.
I am using Prodibio and have had little to no algea in my tank except for on the glass, so if I would have added a normal size cleanup crew from the start they would have died off.
In my 14g I have 1xEmerald Crab, 2xOrange Turbos, 2xScarlet HCs, 1xAstrea, and a few Nassarius and no visibal algea. The astrea, emerald crab, and nassarius came later.

Back